Yerbulat Rakhmetovich Mukayev was born on December 8, 1961, in Furmanova village of Furmanovsky district in Uralsk region.
He graduated from Guryev Pedagogical Institute in 1980, Higher Komsomol School under the Komsomol Central Committee in 1987, and West Kazakhstan Engineering and Technology University in 2002. He is a physics teacher, political scientist and economist.
After graduation, he began his career as a physics teacher at Furmanovskaya secondary school of Furmanovsky (now Kaztalovsky) district. He worked in the Komsomol and party organizations of the region.
1992-1996 - Head of the Zhalpaktalsky district statistics department, deputy akim of Zhalpaktalsky district of WKO.
1996-2005 - Senior positions in the office of the akim of the region, deputy head of the Regional Department of Labor, Employment and Social Protection of the Population.
From November 2005 - Deputy akim of Uralsk.
From 2007 - Head of the office of the akim of West Kazakhstan region.
He was elected to the Senate of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as a member of the Committee on Agrarian Issues and Environmental Protection in December 2008; a member of the Committee on Finance and Budget since September 2011.
In December 2008, he was awarded the Qurmet Order for his merit to the state by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev.
- Medal - “Marshal Zhukov”;
- Medal - “90th Anniversary of the Military Commissariats”;
- June 17, 2008 - the anniversary medal "Astananyn 10 zhyldygy";
- "Memlekettik Kyzmetke 10 zhyl" award pin;
- December 16, 2011 - the anniversary medal “20th Anniversary of Independence of the Republic of Kazakhstan”,
- 2011 –a letter of commendation from the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan and Barys award pin.
- April 13, 2013 - "Interparliamentary Assembly of the Commonwealth of Independent States" medal.
Marital status – married with 2 children.