The call for applications to participate in the first School of Analytics for young professionals in the social sciences and humanities has started.
The project aims at improving the skills of analytical research and preparation of analytical texts. The topic of the first School of Analytics is designated as “Development of Analytical Writing Skills”.
The School is open to civil servants, employees of analytical structures, national companies, public experts, journalists, undergraduate and doctoral students, etc.
The Project was initiated by the Club of Young Experts under the Senate. At one of the recent meetings, the Club members expressed the need to enhance analytical approaches in public administration, humanitarian research, and media and proposed to establish the School of Analytics as a social project aimed at the formation of analytical skills of young specialists.
Maulen Ashimbayev, Chairman of the Senate of the Parliament of the RoK, supported the initiative. Several Kazakhstani universities, including the L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University, the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, and the Astana International University, acted as partners in the project.
The educational process will be based on mastering by students the theory - criteria and standards of qualitative analytics. To this end, a format of lectures, training, and masterclasses is offered. Then, in the course of workshops, the School students will work on practical skills of writing analytical texts.
It is planned to invite prominent analysts from Kazakhstan and abroad as lecturers and trainers for the School.
The School of Analytics will start in the intramural format on January 15, 2022. The School venue will be Nur-Sultan city. Classes will be held on Saturdays, in the morning. The duration of the course is eight weeks.
- Degree in social sciences and humanities (political science, international relations, social studies, journalism, philosophy, religious studies, etc.);
- Priority in the selection process will be given to candidates having experience in analytical agencies, public administration systems, national companies, scientific institutions, and the media.
- Participants are not limited in age, but applicants under 35 years old will be given preference;
- Opportunity to participate in the School from January 15 to March 5, 2022.
The competition will run in two stages:
Stage I. To take part in the program, you should send the following documents to the email below:
- Resume (maximum one page);
- Motivation letter (500 words explaining your intention to participate in the School of Analytics);
- References to previously published analytical papers, interviews, speeches (if any).
Please send your resume, motivation letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stage II. Online interview.
The deadline for applications is December 10, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. (GMT +6).
Successful applicants will be notified no later than December 20. Any applications and competition essays sent in late will not be considered.
Due to sanitary and epidemiological safety, participants will be required to present a vaccination passport or the results of a PCR test for Covid-19.
Please call +7 708 900 30 93 for further details.