of the Bureau of the Senate
of the Republic of Kazakhstan
dated May “27”, 2019, No. 306 – VI БС
“The status of “Honorary Senator””
I. General provisions
1. Awarding the status of “Honorary Senator” is an expression of recognition of the historical merits of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Yelbasy as the founder of Kazakhstan’s statehood, who ensured the protection of the Constitution, human and civil rights and freedoms, consolidation of society, determined the strategic course of the country’s development.
2. The status of “Honorary Senator” is awarded to the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Yelbasy for his outstanding contribution to the formation of the constitutional and legal foundations of the Republic of Kazakhstan as a democratic, secular, legal and social state, as well as to the formation and development of domestic parliamentarism.
3. The decision on granting the status of “Honorary Senator” is made by the Senate of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan at a meeting of the Chamber.
II. Powers of the Honorary Senator
4. The Honorary Senator is entitled to attend both public and private meetings of the House, the Senate Bureau and the standing committees of the Senate and to be heard.
5. The Honorary Senator shall, at his request, have the floor to speak at any time.
III. Presentation of the badge and certificate of the Honorary Senator
6. The Honorary Senator is presented with the badge and certificate of the Honorary Senator by the Chairman of the Senate in a solemn ceremony at a meeting of the Chamber.
Certificate of the Honorary Senator is signed by the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
7. The badge “Honorary Senator” is made in a single copy, is individual and is intended for the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Yelbasy.
IV. Description of the badge
8. The badge is made of high-grade gold in the form of the waving National Flag of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In the upper part of the badge, there is the inscription “ЕЛБАСЫ” (YELBASY).
At the bottom of the badge, there is the inscription “ҚҰРМЕТТІ СЕНАТОР” (HONORARY SENATOR).
In the center – enamel coating in the color of the National Flag of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The image of the ornament, the sun and the soaring eagle beneath it is golden.
A sketch of the badge is attached (Annex 1).
V. Description of the certificate
9. The certificate, made on paper, has three degrees of protection: a protective strip (printed microscript text “Қазақстан Республикасы” (Republic of Kazakhstan)), special shading film and transparent protective film.
Fully prepared left and right inserts of the certificate are pressed into a transparent protective film.
10. The cover of the certificate is made of high-quality turquoise leather. In the expanded form, the certificate has the size of
70 x 200 mm, the insert – 67 x 190 mm.
11. On the front side of the certificate in the center, there is an image of the State Emblem of the Republic of Kazakhstan in golden color, below there is an inscription in typographic font “ҚАЗАҚСТАН РЕСПУБЛИКАСЫ ПАРЛАМЕНТІ СЕНАТЫ” (SENATE OF THE PARLIAMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN).
12. The inner side of the certificate is a protective turquoise shading film.
In the upper part of the left insert, there is an inscription “ҚАЗАҚСТАН РЕСПУБЛИКАСЫ” (“REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN” in Kazakh), of the the right insert – “РЕСПУБЛИКА КАЗАХСТАН” (“REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN” in Russian). Inscriptions are separated from the text by a chipping strip.
13. On the left insert on the left, there is a photo of the Honorary Senator in the size 3.5 x 4.5 cm
The elements of the National Flag of the Republic of Kazakhstan are depicted in the background on the right side: the sun and the soaring eagle beneath it.
In the center at the top, there is the number of the certificate, at the bottom – the inscription “Нұрсұлтан Әбішұлы НАЗАРБАЕВ” (Nursultan Abishuly Nazarbayev), below – “ҚҰРМЕТТІ СЕНАТОР” (HONORARY SENATOR).
In the lower part, there is the inscription “Қазақстан Республикасының Президенті” (President of the Republic of Kazakhstan), signature, surname and initials of the signer. The signature is stamped.
14. The right insert on the left shows the State Emblem of the Republic of Kazakhstan, under it there is an inscription “Қазақстан Республикасы”, “Республика Казахстан” (Republic of Kazakhstan).
On the right, the background shows the Senate building.
In the center is the inscription “НАЗАРБАЕВ Нурсултан Абишевич” (NAZARBAYEV Nursultan Abishevich), below – “ПОЧЕТНЫЙ СЕНАТОР” (HONORARY SENATOR).
The date of issue is indicated below the inscriptions.