Deputy of the Senate of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan, appointed by the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan (Member and Secretary of the Committee on Constitutional Legislation, Judicial System and Law Enforcement Agencies).
He was born on March 24, 1962.
He got a university degree in 1985 from the Law Faculty of Kirov Kazakh State University.
In 2016, he received the qualification of Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a specialty in “Management of Oil and Gas Business” at Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas.
He has a degree of the Doctor of Law. He defended his thesis in 2002 on “The Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan: Functions, Creative and Organizational and Constitutive Activity at the Present Stage”
- Research Assistant at Moscow State University (1985-1986);
- Post-graduate student, researcher at Institute of State and Law of the Academy of Sciences of Kazakhstan (1986-1992);
- Deputy General Director of Kazakhstan Service foreign trade company of the Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations of the Republic of Kazakhstan (1992-1994);
- Deputy Trade Representative in Germany, Ministry of Industry and Trade (1994-1996);
- Vice-President for External Relations of Kazakhstan Aue Zholy NAC (1996-1997);
- Manager of the Project Evaluation and Negotiation Directorate of the State Investment Committee of the Republic of Kazakhstan (03.1997-05.1997);
- Director of the Legal Department of Kazakhoil NOC CJSC (05.1997-10.1997);
- Head of the legal expertise department, head of the legal department, head of the department of legislation, defense and public order, head of the legal department of the Office of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan (10.1997-02.2002);
- Deputy General Director of KazTransOil CJSC (02.2002-03.2002);
- Managing Director for Legal Support of KazMunayGas NC JSC (03.2002 - 04.2006);
- Managing Director of Samruk Kazakhstan Holding for the Management of State Assets JSC (05.2006 - 11.2008)
- Managing Director - Member of the Management Board of Samruk-Kazyna National Welfare Fund JSC (11.2008-06.2009)
- Executive Secretary of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources of the Republic of Kazakhstan (05.06.2009-03.2010);
- Executive Secretary of the Ministry of Oil and Gas of the Republic of Kazakhstan (03.2010-08.2014);
- Executive Secretary of the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan (08.13.2014-04.2019)
- "Qurmet" Order (2010),
- "Barys" Order, 3rd class (2015)
Academic papers and publications:
He published over fifty academic publications.
He is married with three children.