Last position: Deputy of the Senate of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan from Mangistau region
Date of birth: 20.07.1959
Place of birth: Nebit-Dag, Turkmenistan
Marital status, family ties:
Wife: Maira Rakhishovna Chelpekova
Children: daughters - Aigerim (born in 1983), Meruert (born in 1992); son - Medet (born in 1988)
Languages: Kazakh, Russian, English and Turkmen.
Education, specialty (qualification), licenses:
- Nebit-Dag Petroleum College (1978);
- Alma-Ata Institute of National Economy (1985),
- Training in the University of Massachusetts in Boston under the International Leadership Training Program (1993-1994).
- Oil and gas production operator at the Mangyshlak gas production department (1977-1978);
- Oil and Gas Production Engineer at Mangyshlakneft Production Association (1980-1981);
- Economist at Mangyshlak Regional Trade Administration (1985);
- Inspector at Shevchenko City Executive Committee (1985-1987);
- Deputy Director, Director of Kaztorgodezhda regional base (1987-1992);
- Head of the Mangistau Regional Trade Administration (1992-1993);
- Representative of Procter & Gamble in Kazakhstan, Almaty (1994-1995);
- Director of Akku company (1995-1999);
- Secretary of Mangistau regional maslikhat of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th convocations (11.1999-2011)
Elective and deputy positions:
- Deputy of the Mangistau regional maslikhat of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th convocations (10.1999-2011);
- Member of the Senate of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan from Mangistau region (since 10.2011); Member of the Finance and Budget Committee
State and international awards, prizes, honorary titles:
“Qurmet” Order (2008), “Eren Enbegi Ushin” medal, anniversary medals “10th anniversary of Independence of Kazakhstan”, “Qazaqstan Respublikasynyn Parlamentine 10 zhyl”, “Astana 10 zhyl”, “Tengege 20 zhyl”.
Participation in International Parliamentary Organizations and Cooperation Groups of the Senate of the Parliament and the Parliaments of Foreign States:
- Member of “Republic of Kazakhstan – European Union” Parliamentary Cooperation Committee
- Member of the Parliamentary Association “Parliamentarians for Nuclear Non-Proliferation and Disarmament”
- Member of the Regional Group on Cooperation with the Countries of South and Central Asia and the Caucasus, as well as countries in the group: Azerbaijan, Armenia, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Georgia, India, Kyrgyz Republic, Mongolia, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Sri-Lanka.
- Member of the group on cooperation with the countries of the Middle East, Africa and Turkey, as well as the countries in the group: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Iran, Qatar, Kuwait, Libya, Morocco, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and South Africa.